Ayam Masak Merah Part II
I remember I have posted a complete recipe on 'Ayam Masak Merah'. But this one is slightly differ from the previous one. Modified to my own taste.




Pic on top right hand: I've added in 2 corriander roots (akar ketumbar) to liven up the aroma!
What I've used here for the ingredients was 'sambal semalam' *grin* as not to let the leftover goes to the waste, I've modified it to make more tempting dishes. It's Qurraisya's favourite too!
What I Need:
'Sambal semalam'
2kg whole chicken, cut small, washed with lime water & drain
3 tbps tumeric powder (kunyit serbuk)
pinch of salt (garam)
5 shallots, peeled & pounded (bwg kecil, tumbuk)
3 garlics, peeled & pounded (bwg putih, tumbuk)
2 inch ginger, skinned, washed & pounded (halia, tumbuk)
2 tbsp corriander powder (serbuk ketumbar)
1 tsp cumin powder (serbuk jintan manis)
2 tbsp dark soy sauce (kicap pekat)
1 small can of tomato puree, weights 100gm
2 tomatoes, cut wedges (tomato buah)
1 large onions, cut rings (bwg besar)
2 kaffir leaves (daun limau purut)
2 stalked corriander leaves, cut as wishes (daun ketumbar)
Some oil for frying (minyak)
How:
1. Marinate chicken with salt & tumeric powder.
2. Fry chicken until cooked, drained with kitchen towel and set aside.
3. In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, fry pounded ingredients until aroma.
4. Insert the 'sambal semalam' and kaffir leaves (daun limau purut) and stir evenly.
5. Add in all powder, dark soy sauce, & tomato puree in it and stir again.
6. Add a pinch of salt to taste together with pre-fried chicken.
7. Lastly add in cut tomatoes, onions and corriander leaves. Serve hot.

Ayam Masak Merah......Part II




Pic on top right hand: I've added in 2 corriander roots (akar ketumbar) to liven up the aroma!
What I've used here for the ingredients was 'sambal semalam' *grin* as not to let the leftover goes to the waste, I've modified it to make more tempting dishes. It's Qurraisya's favourite too!
What I Need:
'Sambal semalam'
2kg whole chicken, cut small, washed with lime water & drain
3 tbps tumeric powder (kunyit serbuk)
pinch of salt (garam)
5 shallots, peeled & pounded (bwg kecil, tumbuk)
3 garlics, peeled & pounded (bwg putih, tumbuk)
2 inch ginger, skinned, washed & pounded (halia, tumbuk)
2 tbsp corriander powder (serbuk ketumbar)
1 tsp cumin powder (serbuk jintan manis)
2 tbsp dark soy sauce (kicap pekat)
1 small can of tomato puree, weights 100gm
2 tomatoes, cut wedges (tomato buah)
1 large onions, cut rings (bwg besar)
2 kaffir leaves (daun limau purut)
2 stalked corriander leaves, cut as wishes (daun ketumbar)
Some oil for frying (minyak)
How:
1. Marinate chicken with salt & tumeric powder.
2. Fry chicken until cooked, drained with kitchen towel and set aside.
3. In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, fry pounded ingredients until aroma.
4. Insert the 'sambal semalam' and kaffir leaves (daun limau purut) and stir evenly.
5. Add in all powder, dark soy sauce, & tomato puree in it and stir again.
6. Add a pinch of salt to taste together with pre-fried chicken.
7. Lastly add in cut tomatoes, onions and corriander leaves. Serve hot.

Ayam Masak Merah......Part II








5 Comments:
One of my favourite dish nih Niss... Kalau raya tak ada lauk nih muka I monyok macam budak2 tak dapat duit raya hahaha...
Salam Nissa,
I made this too.. This one learnt from my mom!!.. I serve it to my guest before, they said it's delicious...
wahh..tak pernah masak ni nih...mesti cuba try test experiment....nih....
Masya Allah.. lazatnya k.niss.. patutla lin tembam ni, K.Niss asyik suap mkn sodap2 jo.. hehehe
tis is my favourite lauk, insya'allah i will try.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home