Roti Jala & Chicken Curry of My Style
It really disturb me when I happen to know that some people is sharing the same IP as me. How could they! More to it, he/she did leaves some harsh words on one of my blogging friend's comments box. But I'm sure, that friend of mine knows that I am not the one who could leaves such a crude-mannered words!
But urghh, am I that miserable enough to grief over this all the way up here? Nope I don't think so but my existence here is to post my cooking triumph that I just hit! :p


How do you distinguish that blurness? Please don't adjust your eyesight as it was originally taken by me! :p Hey, I've only got two hands ok!
What You Really Need For Roti Jala:
240gm plain flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
150ml evaporated milk
sufficient water to add on if batter is too thick
Screwpine leaves, wash, fold into two & tied
Some oil, for greasing
How I Mix:
1. Sift flour into bowl.
2. Add in salt, beaten eggs & evaporated milk. Beat till smooth. Strain batter if lumpy.
3. Grease griddle over low heat with a bunch of screwpine leaves (daun pandan).
4. Scoop Roti Jala cup over batter, roughly a laddleful and quickly swift over heated griddle in circular motion to make lacy pattern.
5. Cook until shape is set.
6. Transfer to dish, repeat until batter finish.
7. When cool, fold pancakes in semi-circle & roll into triangular shape.
8. Serve with chicken curry.

Roti Jala

My Style Chicken Curry:
I Need:
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, wash and drain
4 potatoes, peeled, cut cubes, wash and drain
1 carrot, peeled and cut
2 stalk Curry leaves
2 tomatoes, cut wedges
100ml thick coconut milk
sufficient water
2 piece of dry tamarind (asam keping)
1 cinnamon
2 cardamon seeds
1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
To blend:
6 shallots
4 cloves garlic
1/2 inch knob ginger
5 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
2 candlenut
How to:
1. Heat up oil in cooking pot, fry blended substances until fragrant.
2. Throw in bruised lemongrass, cinnamon & cardamon seeds. Stir well.
3. Pour in some water followed by potatoes & carrots, stir again.
4. Boil until potatoes & carrot are half soft.
5. Not to forget the curry leaves & tamarind.
6. Then the chicken and cook until tender.
7. Upon boiling, pour in coconut milk and salt to taste.
8. Lastly before you put off the heat, simply drop in tomato wedges.

Taraaaaa......

Oh don't be jealous with this set, try it!
But urghh, am I that miserable enough to grief over this all the way up here? Nope I don't think so but my existence here is to post my cooking triumph that I just hit! :p


How do you distinguish that blurness? Please don't adjust your eyesight as it was originally taken by me! :p Hey, I've only got two hands ok!
What You Really Need For Roti Jala:
240gm plain flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
150ml evaporated milk
sufficient water to add on if batter is too thick
Screwpine leaves, wash, fold into two & tied
Some oil, for greasing
How I Mix:
1. Sift flour into bowl.
2. Add in salt, beaten eggs & evaporated milk. Beat till smooth. Strain batter if lumpy.
3. Grease griddle over low heat with a bunch of screwpine leaves (daun pandan).
4. Scoop Roti Jala cup over batter, roughly a laddleful and quickly swift over heated griddle in circular motion to make lacy pattern.
5. Cook until shape is set.
6. Transfer to dish, repeat until batter finish.
7. When cool, fold pancakes in semi-circle & roll into triangular shape.
8. Serve with chicken curry.

Roti Jala

My Style Chicken Curry:
I Need:
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, wash and drain
4 potatoes, peeled, cut cubes, wash and drain
1 carrot, peeled and cut
2 stalk Curry leaves
2 tomatoes, cut wedges
100ml thick coconut milk
sufficient water
2 piece of dry tamarind (asam keping)
1 cinnamon
2 cardamon seeds
1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
To blend:
6 shallots
4 cloves garlic
1/2 inch knob ginger
5 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
2 candlenut
How to:
1. Heat up oil in cooking pot, fry blended substances until fragrant.
2. Throw in bruised lemongrass, cinnamon & cardamon seeds. Stir well.
3. Pour in some water followed by potatoes & carrots, stir again.
4. Boil until potatoes & carrot are half soft.
5. Not to forget the curry leaves & tamarind.
6. Then the chicken and cook until tender.
7. Upon boiling, pour in coconut milk and salt to taste.
8. Lastly before you put off the heat, simply drop in tomato wedges.

Taraaaaa......

Oh don't be jealous with this set, try it!








14 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiciii...blom tdr lagi kaa..
kiciii mari latang umah bawak tupung, kita kirai sama2 maa...balu aler siok maaa....lu makan loti jiala tarak ciciah sama kali ka? Abeh lu ciciah sama apa? cili sos ka? wakakaka :p
Kiciii...lu munya beg kapit aler waterproop ka? :p
i love roti jala. i did try to make it here a couple of time, with and without the acu lah :) safe to say the acu really helps..hahhaa. and yep it is definitely one of the fav foods down here that i made for my friends. nanti eh..nanti balik kita main masak masak okay :)
Hi.. I bloghopped to your blog. Hope you don't mind. Since I live alone at the moment, been looking for simple but yummy recipe 'utk melepaskan rindu masakan mak'. Hehe..
I'm definitely gonna try your pancakes recipe...looks so fluffy & SEDAP!!! And the roti john recipe too...didn't know it was that simple.. Me & simple recipe goes well together...
Thanks for sharing... hope to see more of your recipes..
Bun, u ada acuannya tak? If not I'll get one for u. Wah gerek lah main pusing2 cam gasing, hehe
Enjoy e wk'ends!
Kiciiii..meh arr jiangan ciakap ajier. Eh bila Rosma nak mai chingchiapor? Windu laks lama tak jumpa. I baru ja abes bobual ngan lin biskut. I kata, I & u dah 'klik' ;) cam gula & semut, maner ada gula d situ ada semut:p, kiciii, kemeler dah murah wooo, beli jgn tak beli. Nnti gath ble posing niaya2 pnya :p
wow kak niss, this one looks yummy! didnt know its called roti jala. i only eaten ONCE when i was in school...hmm to think of it, it was a good 10 years ago! i always think it looks like putu mayam LOL. great recipe & pics...keep it up!
by the way kak kak, its not suprising alot of ppl share the same IP address (except the last 3 digits are different). as long as u r using the same internet service provider, the IP address will be similar. its not fool proof to ban ppl's IP since it will be what happen...u won't b able to post a comment. but i think its better than nothing for the time being. i could always moderate those comments but i would really prefer them not to go thru AT ALL u see. so ya, sorry for the inconvenience caused!
obviously i know its not u. not many ppl are capable of using such "kind words" on me. but then again, i cant really b bothered. there are good & bad ppl out there, both in reality n virtual. cant expect everybody 2b nice. i always expected it. but i'm glad i hv good blog pals like u who supports me & give me encouraging words. the kind words are all that matters =)
Thanks Eve for dropping again, so sweet of you ley. Eve, I'm no better than you lah sayang. Speaking of this, you're much more skilled than me! For kak kak, I'm still way to catch, hehe. Still need to learn more from you, can? BTW I just flip tru your flickr...aisey...so tempting, can I try it & post it here with pics?:p
Roti jala + kari ayam 2 bungkus. Kuah lainkan eh...hehehe. Nissa,
bila nak bukak kedai makan? Kita asik tengok makanan kat your blog aja..ini tak leh jadi mannn...
kak niss, what u mean, can u try it and post it here with pics? i don't really get what u mean. u mean u wanted to sign up with flickr? go ahead, its so cool! actually u don't hv to sign up, just log in with your yahoo ID.
roti jala is my favourite.... lain kali dah buat care to deliver some to me wakakaka ~eimah~
k.nis reen dah cuba resepi kari ayam nie sodap banget tapi buat makan ngan nasi len kali ler makan ngan roti jala. siap reen letak resepi tu nama k.nis lagi ahak
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home