Ondeh-Ondeh Gula Melaka

Ondeh-Ondeh
I used to eat this ondeh-ondeh when I made a visit to my tok's (grandmother) house. I remembered how she chopped the 'gula melaka' with the parang, and *whisper* ...and she stuffed the bit in my mouth as I was so engrossed watching with my mouth widely opened, hehe.
But now, * big sigh* how time flies and I remembered the measurement when my tok used to make all the kuehs was using 'agak'-ration...
Here, I converted it for an easy measurement for those who wish to try.
What You Need:
240 gm glutinous rice flour (tepung beras pulut)
3/4 cup boiled water mixed with 1 tbsp screwpine* juice (air daun pandan) and a drop of green colourings, optional
120 gm gula melaka, chopped
1/2 packet of Heng Guan grated coconut, available at NTUC, mixed with a pinch of salt
*Screwpine juice: get a handful of pandan leaves with a little water and blend coarse pulp. Strain away the pulp and obtain a thick juice.









How To:
1. Sift flour into medium bowl.
2. Add in boiled water, screwpine* juice and colouring. Knead until form a soft dough.
3. Divide dough into small pieces and form lime-size balls. Flatten each piece, put half a teaspoon of filling in the centre and cover the dough into balls.
4. Drop the onde-onde into boiling water. When cooked, ond-onde will float. Scoop up the onde-onde with a perforated ladle and toss in grated coconut.

Ondeh-Ondeh Gula Melaka,
Kalau Tak Cuba Pasti Kecewa....








2 Comments:
wooiiii..ondeh ondeh..ondeh ondeh..cam terngiang kat telinga i bunyi bebudak jual kueh dulu kat blok2 eh..sedap nyer...neway..ternampak jugak hamba allah yang tak happy dengan kuah kurma you tak?..hehehe. eh ni budak jin tai ke?...nick cam sama jer dengan yang kat jtss nyer website...i ni kan kepo sikit..tanyer ajer kicii she knows betapa kepo nyer i..hahahah.
i pun blom penah cuba try test masak kuah kurma, is it bad?? hehe. bdk jin ke? lantak dia asal we dun say bad among each other sudah, mendatangkan dosa kering. but good lah kepo2 skit apa salahnya, utk kebaikan tak apa..hehe boleh gitu.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home