Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What's Cooking Again...

I remember when I was small, my late Bapak (father) used to make this condiment eaten with rice. To be considered our routine savoury dishes.
''Jawa'' lah katakan...
My Bapak was a good cook too. Every time when he goes to the kitchen and rolled his ''kain pelikat'' higher, I knew he's going to starts on cooking. Thats where I begin my sharp observation on every inch of his doings. It reminds me on how he pound those ''kacang tanah'' as well as other ingredients into the mortar.
Yesterday I've made this without my father's assistance. His steps in doing this sambal is still fresh in my minds.
And finally it turns out to be the same taste like his....
I loved you Bapak and you will always be remembered, followed by an Al-Fatheha and my doa's to you, insyaállah.




Guess....
...this mortar was also bought by my late Bapak when I just moved into my new flat years ago....



Teneeeeetttttt.....



Nasi Sambal Jenganan


And....



.....as for today, I feel like having maggi noodles with egg.....but just bear in mind that it's not a good idea to take it regularly if you doesn't want to look OLD!!.....ahaks........

1 Comments:

Blogger MyPeriukBelanga - Is BACK!! said...

YES...I'm starting to update my blog again...but who knows if I'm having my long break againnnnn.... *tarik selimut*

April 06, 2006 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home